Saturday, May 23, 2009

Green Apple Memories





As I have mentioned in a previous post some tastes like smells have a way of transporting us back in time. Green apples do just that for me. My sister, Caprece, loved green granny smith apples, in fact it was the only apple she would eat. When we were young we enjoyed jolly ranchers and guess what flavor was her favorite? You guessed it "green apple". It was the same with now and laters as well. So, now when I taste or smell green apple sweet memories of her flood my mind. We started a tradition a few years before her death in which I would purchase her a super duper chocolate covered caramel apple for Christmas. She loved it! Although, she is gone I have continued the tradition only now I make them any time I need a "Caprece" fix. These I made and donated for an auction for the Youth at our church. Thinking of her all the while. Of course, I made one especially for my family to split. They were definitely SUPER DUPER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment