Friday, March 27, 2009

Sister Radvansky - Seminary Teacher and Friend


When I met Caprece the very first time she was like a ray of sunshine that walked into my home. I taught early morning seminary in Myrtle Beach SC when she, her sister Karmen, and mother Jacki moved here. I loved Caprece from the moment I met her. I think everyone loved her, she was always the one who wanted everyone to be happy and get along, always the peacemaker. It is funny now looking back, you know how mothers would like to pick out their daughters-in-law, I thought she would make a wonderful one for me, but of course it didn't happen. We made so many memories over the years, three years of seminary, mission visits in NY and how can I forget our trip to Washington DC? We never laughed so much in our life when the little Japanese boy just kept snapping the camera to his unaware parents, they were not happy with him, and we were just looking on and laughing our heads off. I never forgot that wonderful girl, I tried to keep up with her, when we were in Salt Lake City in 1997 we found her living in a small little apartment, happy as a lark, she had just had her first baby. She seemed to be the perfect mom. On another occasion when were serving our mission for the church in Salt Lake City, we looked her up in Logan, UT. she was happy to see us, and I just loved her children, I remember taking them a little book, they were so happy, she was expecting her third child then, and was eagerly awaiting for Matt to finish school. I remember talking with them that day about him getting a job with the IRS, to apply and try and get the east coast. Not much later I heard the news, it wasn't to be in the southeast but in UT. I always asked her mom how she was and never lost track. I will always remember her for as long as I live. She was a joy to know I just wish that I would have tired a little harder to see her this last time in UT, I had intended to find her, and come for a visit, I talked to her on the phone, but never made it. I will always regret that. I know that she has left everyone with a lasting memory that they will cherish as I do. Caprece had a solid testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, she lived a life that demonstrated the principles that He taught and lived. We have been blessed by her, I only wish it could have been for a very long time. I look forward to seeing her again one day. I hope I can live worthy enough to be where she is. Again, my life has been blessed by her presence. Her loving friend,Frances Radvansky
March 27, 2009 10:27 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment